The hazards of summer weather and dining out have it home. It's now time to face reality, buckle down and get back into shape. This was in no way prompted by recent photos of me in a swimsuit and cocktail dress. Really.
I find the biggest challenges with cooking "diet food" is the general consensus that salt can only be had in moderation. I love salt. Or varieties of salt - brined, marinated, encrusted, etc. It's not that I don't enjoy herb based seasonings, but imagine a sauteed scallop in tarragon butter without the butter and salt . Simply not the same.
Tomorrow nights challenge - brightening up a swai fillet. I'm envisioning something with 5 spice, but who knows what tomorrow might hold.
Happy munchings! Use salt.
Diet Related Depression Ensues
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Posted by Local Radish at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment