If it's on a stick, it's got to be good right? (Deep fried, even better).
The experimental apple pie pops resulted from the great rhubarb crisis of October '09. I've never made an apple pie and experimenting with a lollipop form seemed to be a great way to cover up that deficiency. The end result was proclaimed as brilliant at work (though I felt my filling was a bit too sweet).
The fast and easy version: makes about 20 pops.
1 package pie crust (two sheets)
pie filling of your choice
1 egg white
20 cookie sticks
Preheat oven to 375
Cut out circles in your pie dough (I used a 2 inch glass)
Place circles on parchment papered cookie sheet
Add sticks to each circle (more than 1/2 way up)
Add about a teaspoon of filling to each circle over stick
Press top circle onto each (I used a spare stick to make cool crimpy lines)
Brush all with egg white for shiny texture
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until tops are browned.
Let cool and enjoy.
If I were a more technologically advanced person, I would have had photos for you all.
Happy munchings!
The Brilliance of Dessert on a Stick
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Posted by Local Radish at 8:16 PM
Labels: Apple Pie Pops
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment